Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Organisation: AH Consulting
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Legal Officer
AH Consulting is a consultancy company with expertise in specialised fields, analytics, engineering and technology focused on achieving client goals. AH Consulting primary focuses on; Management Consulting, Human Capital Management, Technology Services, Development Consulting, Engineering, Oil and Gas. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a company in the energy sector.
Job Summary: The Senior Legal Officer will provide legal services to the company in accordance with the governing laws, company rules and regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company in courts of law and handle the litigation portfolio.
- Manage all legal matters pertaining to and arising from the service territories.
- Offer support to all legal matters affecting the company’s operations.
- Work closely with and ensure the timely conclusion of all matters including those handled by external lawyers, insurance companies, insurance brokers and any other service providers to the Legal Department.
- Simplify statutes, regulations and other legal documents pertaining to the operations of the company.
- Prepare service agreements and ensure timely renewal where necessary.
- Prepare legal briefs and reports for management on the activities of the company and to advise on laws applicable to its business
- Prepare monthly and annual reports on sectional activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from the Principal Legal Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Senior Legal Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized university and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- The applicant must be enrolled as an Advocate of the High Court with a valid Practicing Certificate.
- At least five years of legal practice and experience in a Law Firm or reputable organization.
- Broad knowledge and a firm understanding of legal procedural matters.
- Ability to translate legal concepts into an easily understandable format and to communicate them clearly.
- Possess the maturity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills to work closely with staff at all levels.
- Excellent planning, organization and presentation skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Flexible attitude and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Computer literacy sills
- Hold a valid driving permit.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV (clearly indicating three professional referees and their contacts), cover letter, and certified copies of academic documents to the address or email below.
AH Consulting Limited,
Plot 10 Saddler Lane, Naguru, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline