Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Internal Audit
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will support the Head Internal Audit in the process of continuous appraisal and review of the accounting systems and internal controls and handling risk assessments and mitigation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examination and evaluation of financial and operational information:
- The incumbent examines the books of accounts on a continuous basis to ascertain accuracy, completeness and reliability
- Conducts periodic verification of assets and liabilities
- Regularly checks the validity of entries on the payroll and for compliance with statutory requirements
- Checks correctness and accuracy of stock taking results
- Keenly reviews bank reconciliation statements for accuracy and completeness
- Responds to risk inquiries from staff and management: Evaluates all operations and activities services for potential risk and recommends appropriate mitigation
- Regularly interfaces with regulatory authorities and External Auditors and ensures that the Board and management are updated accordingly
- Ensures compliance and risk management requirements are taken into account for any change management initiatives.
- Prepares audit work plans and programmes for the Internal Auditors
- Examines books of accounts, records, and statements.
- Examines / collects audit evidence and prepares working papers;
- Keenly reviews financial statements of NIRA including vouching and verification tests on balances and assets.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Head Internal Audit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Senior Internal Auditor career placement should hold either hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in commerce, accounting or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Professional accounting qualification such ACCA, CPA, CIA and full membership to ICPAU
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a reputable public or private organization.3 of which should have been at supervisory level.
- High level of integrity and ability to keep confidentiality
- Sound knowledge of computerized accounting system i.e, Sage, Navision, Tally, QuickBooks etc.
- Knowledgeable about best practice standards such as IFRS, TQM, ISA
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline