Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Principal Human Resources Officer
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Senior Human Resources Officer will implement EAC’s HR policies with respect to supervising the administrative functions of Human Resource management, facilitate the processes of staff discipline, separation, monitor the establishment levels and advise on staffing requirements, maintain bio-data on salaries, facilitate the preparation of the staff monthly payroll, leave, medical scheme and related HR matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide line managers in understanding, interpreting and implementing the EAC’s HR policies and procedures.
- Actively facilitate the process of staff discipline and separation
- The incumbent will also facilitate the establishment of an EAC welfare association and coordinate the implementation of welfare programs.
- Maintain and update EAC databases of Job descriptions, skills Inventory, staff compliment and job advertisements and application forms,
- Regularly analyze training needs in conjunction with the respective staff and the departmental Managers.
- Verify monthly payroll and maintain records relating to staff leave and other benefits including processing of leave, home leave passage, education allowances, gratuity, advances etc.
- Supervise the application of the HRMIS (INSPIRO).
- Maintain and update the EAC skills inventory and Staff complement database
- Keenly analyze and produce monthly staffing reports as may be required from time to time
- Facilitate staff induction programs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Senior Human Resources Officer career vacancy must hold a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- At least eight years of relevant experience with three years of which must be at Senior level.
- Skills and Competencies: Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, good analytical skills, Communication skills, Writing skills, Editorial skills, Public Relations skills, proficiency in the use of Computers, people management skills, management of diversity, planning skills, supervisory skills, research skills and networking skills.
- Knowledge in the use of a computerized Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) will be an added advantage.
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vita, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline