Job Title: Regulatory and Compliance Manager
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Eskom Uganda Limited is a subsidiary company of Eskom Enterprises based in South Africa. Our business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Their mission is to be the “Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.”
Job Summary: The Regulatory and Compliance Manager will plan, direct and coordinate activities of EUL to ensure compliance with ethical, contractual and regulatory standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, lead regulatory and compliance strategies aimed at meeting business strategy.
- The jobholder will align the Regulatory and Compliance strategy to the business strategy.
- Update the Board on regulatory and compliance issues.
- Oversee and ensure the achievement of strategy in the department in support of EUL objectives
- Regularly review and scan environment (relevant material) to ascertain
- New bills & legislation of relevance to the business.
- Emerging risks.
- Effectively coordinate Internal Audits, assurance, forensic and any other related reviews.
- Actively engage the key stakeholders and Company Lawyers on contractual and legal issues.
- Determine regulatory and compliance requirements and ensure inclusion thereof in compliance programs i.e. Regulatory compliance, Contractual compliance and internal controls.
- Interaction with managers and staff to understand their level of regulatory & compliance awareness.
- In charge of training and awareness on regulatory and compliance management.
- Ensure the governance structure and systems are adhered to.
- Develop and monitor and implementation of development budget in line with business expectation (cost effectiveness)
- The incumbent will identify compliance risks and implement mitigation measures.
- Report non- compliances to management and ensure corrective actions are closed out timely and with good quality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting or Law
- Post graduate certificate in compliance/ legal management
- Professional certifications
- Member of a professional body or association
- At least five years of experience in audit, corporate law (legal) and compliance in a similar or related industrial setting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and updated CVs including three professional referees to;
The Human Resources Manager,
Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL),
Nalubaale Power Station,
P.O. Box 942, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline