Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Organisation: Britania Allied Industries Limited
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Sales Manager
Britania Products (U) Ltd. was set up in 1992 as a small unit for manufacturing biscuits and bread. A confectionery unit was added to this in 1998. To utilize the abundant natural resources of fruits and vegetables in the country, Britania Foods (U) Ltd., a modern fruit and vegetable processing unit blossomed into existence in mid 1995. In late 2002, Britania Products and Britania Foods merged and a new entity Britania Allied Industries Ltd. was instituted. The Corporate Office and the factory remained in Ntinda Industrial Area in Kampala, a contributory factor being the land owned by the company and available for expansion.
Job Summary: The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day marketing activities of the organization and long term marketing strategy for the company in the west.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within the Western region.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- The incumbent will accomplish regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts.
- Routinely communicates job expectations to the Western Region Sales Team, plans, and monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions; plans and reviews compensation actions while enforcing policies and procedures of the organization.
- The incumbent meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
- The incumbent will maintain quality, and customer-service standards, resolving customer problems timely, carry out audits, identify market trends, determining regional sales system improvements and hence implement change.
- Maintains and expands customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Manages any promotional activities for new and the slow moving products within the region to enhance sales by conquering a wider market.
- Conducts a survey on consumer needs and trends, threatening competitors and reporting back appropriately to Top Management.
- Actively participate in the regional trade fairs with the support of the promotion team to create awareness and maximize sales profits.
- The incumbent may recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a BBA or BCom or Bachelors in International Business. Possession of a Post graduate Diploma in Marketing or any other will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant territory management experience
- Excellent analytical and project marketing skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Excellent commercial knowledge and market analysis techniques
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency in the language of the respective region i.e. Kampala and Mbarara
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit letters of application specifying their field of study together with an updated CV, contact number (s), copies of relevant certificates, names and details of three references to: The Human Resource Manager, Britania Allied Industries Ltd., P.O. Box 7518, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 15th July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline