Job Title: Quality Control Officer/Analyst
Organisation: Uganda Development Corporation (UDC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Production Manager
Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has been revived as an investment arm through which Government will invest in strategic Sectors of the economy in partnership with the private sector to trigger industrial and economic development of the country. The mandate of UDC is to promote and facilitate the industrial and economic development of Uganda. One of the current projects UDC is implementing is the Soroti Fruit factory. Construction of the factory is now nearing completion.
Job Summary: The Quality Control Officer/Analyst will execute and manage the Factory’s Quality control and assurance systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the factory’s QMS are operating according to the already set plans and in accordance to international standards and regulations.
- Manage all quality control activity throughout the process flow systems.
- Draw up traceability systems that are critical to addressing all customer concerns and complaints related to the quality and safety of the finished product. Help to improve the safety and quality of the factory’s product offering.
- Assist the Assistant Production manager to ensure production of quality products.
- Offer support in the implementation and management of all production standards and specifications according to UNBS and ISO22000.
- Keenly monitor and verify that all production processes proceed in clean and hygienic work environment.
- Audit all production processes to ensure that they proceed within the required quality and safety specifications.
- Ensure that all finished products released to the market meet quality and safety standards.
- Ensure that all incoming materials for production conform to the organization quality and safety specifications.
- Ensure accurate and timely analysis of customers feedback related to quality and safety.
- Carrying out special investigatory analysis and new product development.
- Continuous auditing of the factory’s QMS to ensure that they are operating efficiently and suggest corrective actions as and whenever the need arises.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Quality Control Officer/Analyst vacancy should hold a Bachelor of Science in Food Science and technology or its equivalent.
- QMS related training certificates will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy beverage or FMCG manufacturing environment with two years in the quality control department..
- Working knowledge of fruit processing industry is preferred.
- Ability to support the development and execution of the factory’s production plans in relation with the primary fruit supplies, plant capacities, labor requirements marketing and distribution plans.
- Trained in ISO 22000 or/and ISO 9001 standards with a strong understanding of Regulatory compliance
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Corrective and preventive action (CAPA) and root cause analysis techniques (HACCP concept).
- Effective team work, communication skills including speaking, writing and presenting as well as excellent analytical skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Uganda Development Corporation
Floor 5, Soliz House
Plot 23 Lumumba Avenue
P. O. Box 7042 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 8th July 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline