Job Title: Psychosocial Services Coordinator
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/5
REF: TS/HR/PM 09
Reports to: Centre Manager
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Psychosocial Services Coordinator will oversee the provision of all psychosocial services at TASO Centre of Excellence and Public Health Facilities and promote care, treatment and support programs in accordance to the set procedures, policies, regulations, guidelines, standards and targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, harmonize and manage departmental work plans and budgets
- Supervise and monitor implementation of department activities
- Lead the provision of care, treatment and support services to PLHIV at the Facilities and communities.
- Provide guidance to implementation of HIV prevention services
- Coordinate center clinics and community outreach activities
- Lead the mapping and identification of OVC Households
- Plan, supervise and monitor provision of comprehensive OVC services
- Plan, supervise and monitor implementation of ARV delivery at the center and Community
- Ensure an updated Pre-ART Register.
- Conduct psychosocial HSS activities at PHFs
- Ensure effective follow-up of clients both at TASO centers and PHFs to improve client retention in care
- Ensure all HIV Positive individuals are linked into care, treatment and support services
- Provide support to the Centre Manager on partnership issues related to counselling, community and social support activities and psychosocial activities.
- Ensure compliance to the set TASO standards, procedures and guidelines in the delivery of counselling services.
- Carry out performance planning, review and appraisals for the subordinates staff in the department
- Conduct quarterly programmatic reviews of counselling and manage smooth transitions as staffs are rotated in the different service arms.
- Ensure effective documentation of psychosocial activities and success stories
- Prepare, review and submit periodic reports on psychosocial activities as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Psychosocial Services Coordinator vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Education, SWSA, Development Studies, Community and Adult Education, Community Psychology, or Guidance and Counselling
- Possession of a Post graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, HIV/AIDS Counselling Certificate, Supervision skills and TOT in community care.
- At least seven years’ experience in a HIV/AIDS counseling work, 2 of which should have been in a supervisory position
- Trends and developments in HIV Counselling programming
- Rights of PLHIV
- Skills: Counselling skills, motorcycle riding, Leadership skills, supervisory skills, Computer skills
- Qualities/Attributes: Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality, Empathy, patience, ability to work under mental and physical stress
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
OR Apply Online -> Click Here
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline