Job Title: Projects Accountant
Organization: Vi Agroforestry
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Vi Agroforestry is an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) with headquarters in Stockholm, and registered as a foundation under the name Vi planterar trad in Sweden. The offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda are country offices and are registered in the respective countries under the name Vi Agroforestry. Vi Agroforestry works with small-scale farmers and their organizations in Lake Victoria's catchment area in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania. The organization contributes to reduced poverty through sustainable agriculture adapted to climate change. The main method is support to farmers’ organisations and agroforestry, where trees and crops are planted together and integrated with livestock. Agroforestry methods enable farmers to increase and diversify their production. Vi Agroforestry addresses climate change as the effects of climate change are particularly pronounced in Africa, making food production insecure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Projects Accountant will participate in supporting programs and technical teams during proposal development to develop accurate budgets.
- Prepare and submit timely reports to budget holders on grants and sub grants.
- Provide training and ongoing technical support to program staff and partners on compliance with terms and conditions of donor grants.
- The incumbent will keep accurate official records of all financial transactions and have them available at any time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a honours degree with a bias in Accounting/Auditing in either Commerce, Accounting & Finance or Business Administration from a recognized university
- At least three years working experience in an International NGO with grants and sub grants.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good business computing skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to the: Human Resource Officer, Vi Agroforestry via Email to: Uganda@viagroforestry.org
Deadline: 19th July, 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline