Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Uganda Reach the Aged Association (URAA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
HelpAge International is a global non-profit organization with a mission focused on helping older people claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty, so that they can lead dignified, secure, active and healthy lives. While Uganda Reach the Aged Association (URAA) is a national NGO established in 1991. It works for the realization and preservation of a dignified quality of life for Older People in Uganda. Help Age Uganda and URAA have received funds from the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Job Summary: The Project Manager will oversee a one-year Project on strengthening the participation and representation of older persons (OPs) in Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and strengthen capacity of members of National and District Councils for Ops, leaders of OP’s Associations and Older Citizen Monitoring Groups.
- Conduct review and planning meetings to share progress on activities carried out.
- Work closely with CSOs, to lobby the local governments to include support for older people in the district plans and budgets.
- Carry out Media Campaigns at district and national level to raise awareness among OP and the general public about the governments’ policies for OPs.
- Represent URAA in local authority, CSO forums and at national level: ensuring the needs and rights of older people are included in development agendas.
- Regularly monitor the implementation of planned activities and to produce reports and other documentation relevant for use by URAA and other stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a degree in social sciences, development studies or a related field. Possession of a Post graduate training or demonstrate experience in Project Planning and Management is desired
- At least two years of National level advocacy experience
- Working knowledge of advocacy and lobbying for vulnerable groups is an added advantage
- Excellent people, written, oral, presentation and IT communication skills
- Facilitation, Monitoring and evaluation skills including the capacity to generate evidence based data and carry out basic analysis of the same
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on own and within various teams
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter to the Head of Finance and Administration, P.O. Box 6775, Kampala. Uganda via email to: email@example.com or deliver to URAA Office located on Plot 1685, Kireka-Namugongo Road.
Deadline: 7th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline