Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation (Swisscontact)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation (Swisscontact) is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation and it is represented in 32 countries with over 900 employees. Swisscontact was founded in 1959 and it promotes economic, social and environmental development. In Uganda, Swisscontact is implementing a skills development project in Eastern region. Through a) occupational skills training, social and life skills support and access to finance, employment opportunities are created, leading to an income enhancement for urban and rural young women and men aged 16-30 years. The intervention aims at facilitating the acquisition of employable skills by the young people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will plan, manage and implement projects according to contracted and approved plans and budgets.
- In charge of the management of the project according to the mission, regulations and aims of the Swisscontact program.
- Innovative development of the program by introducing new ideas and content that can be replicated within and beyond the region.
- Actively engage in continuous learning through innovations in existing projects based on experiences
- Regularly monitor the changes in global economic trends in the project areas
- Identify Swisscontact partner organisations and negotiate partnership agreements or Memoranda of Understanding.
- Keenly monitor project implementation with all partner organisations
- Provide leadership and support for the employees of project.
- In charge of budget monitoring and control
- Financial competences within the approved project budgets and plans.
- Monitor budget and ensure cash availability for project implementation according to Swisscontact and other sponsors’ regulations
- Provide support and supervision to project staff
- Build and maintain close relationship with all project partners and service providers
- Mentor and supervise all the staff of the project
- Establish job descriptions and undertake annual appraisals for all direct reports.
- Recommend direct reports for further training
- Contract consultants where necessary.
- Where necessary, provide leadership and support for external consultants, advisors, short-term experts and interns/trainees.
- Initiate approved recruitment/participate in procurement processes with all the necessary administrative requirements.
- Build and maintain active linkages with all other projects within Swisscontact Uganda
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree or similar qualification in Business, Economics or Development Studies;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in implementing and managing projects with at least three years spent on the field on skills development projects;
- At least three years’ experience leading a busy team;
- Previous exposure and experience in non-formal skills development with focus on youth and non- formal skills
- Previous experience reviewing and writing reports
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs via e-mail addressed to:
Country Director Swisscontact Uganda,
Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation,
P.O. Box 21153, Kampala. Uganda Plot 19/20 Off Martyr’s Way Ntinda,
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline