Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Project Manager oversees all intervention projects in Kyaka II Refugee Settlement. The incumbent will have the financial and administrative responsibility for the project and is also responsible for the planning and implementation of adequate security precautions in the project area to ensure the safety of all staff and assets and the direct supervisor of senior staff working within the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of all interventions/project in Kyaka II settlement.
- Supervise a proper and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed policies and donor requirements;
- Prepare and submit regular internal reports and other relevant information on general policy matters and programme activities to the DRC Country Director in Kampala, based on agreed formats and schedules
- Ensure donor requirements are met including production of reports in formats agreed with the donors and partners.
- Prepare annual/project action plans for the project in accordance with annual planning cycle;
- Ensure that a sound documentation including relevant beneficiary data is collected and that relevant assessments are conducted in the project area.
- Ensure that a sound feedback system is in place in the project area so that beneficiaries have easy access to DRC.
Administration and Personnel Management:
- Responsible for financial budgeting and expenditure management, staff management (including development of TORs for project staff), continued revision and implementation of sound administrative guidelines and personnel policies, security precautions, logistics and all other tasks pertaining to the efficient day-to-day running of the project;
- Supervise national staff and take action in terms of recruitment, promotions and dismissal as required;
- In charge of the organisational development of the DRC Western Uganda operation, including staff assessment as well as formulation and implementation of human resource development activities;
- Mentor and supervise the staff under Protection, Community services and construction project, mentor and assist in continual development of the staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Project Manager job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social planning, development studies or any other relevant education background
- A minimum of seven years of work experience in management position in INGOs.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Echo, EU donors.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
- Experience and knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and please indicate your salary expectations
- Updated and detailed (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualifications, relevant training courses, work experience, and name and contact details of three relevant references.
The complete application package should be uploaded online, Click Here
Deadline: 18th July 2016 by 11:59 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline