Job Title: Project Assistant
Organization: Coalition of Pastoralist Civil Society Organizations (COPACSO)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Officer
COPACSO is an umbrella organisation of civil society organizations with interest in pastoralism issues working across the cattle corridor in Uganda. It was formed in 2005 to provide a platform for these organizations to engage in policy formulation and advocacy for recognition of pastoralism as a way of life and the right of pastoralists to benefit from local and national resources.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the implementation of a three year project “Strengthening the adaptive capacity of pastoralists through Disaster Risk Reduction and climate change adaptation” in the Karamoja districts of Amudat and Nakapiripirit and North Pokot in West Pokot County of Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General coordination of the project activities in the districts indicated above.
- Conduct Training for Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction (CMDRR) groups on Climate Change/ DRR i.e. vulnerability and capacity assessments, community action planning and climate risk assessments.
- Working with and supervising the Community Based Facilitators.
- Working closely with various stakeholders on behalf of COPACSO to ensure linkages between COPACSO and those stakeholders on DRR and Climate Change Adaptation matters.
- Responsible for organizing meetings and workshops to promote capacity building at both local national and cross border levels on climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Ensuring timely narrative and financial reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Project Assistant vacancy should hold a good University Degree in climate change related fields including environmental and natural resource management, (water, forestry, land, irrigation or rural development).
- Working experience in the field of Climate Change Adaptation, DRR and capacity building among communities and partners (preferably in the region) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in implementing and coordinating donor funded projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Ng’ karimojong and or Pokot languages is a must.
- Good computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office is a must.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending their updated CVs and a covering letter indicating their suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates via E-mail to: email@example.com. Online attachments should not be more than 2 MB in total size.
Deadline: 14th July 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline