Job Title: Program Support Assistant
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Finn Church Aid is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfil their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice.
Job Summary: The Program Support Assistant will support the Program team (Development and Humanitarian operations) to effectively achieve departmental goals and deliver on its outputs and work plan for Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to the FCA Uganda Program in consultation with the Program and Humanitarian Coordinators
- Assist the Program and Humanitarian Coordinators in compilation of reports and other publications for the Country Office;
- Stay abreast of the country program and ensure that activities are implemented as per the set Calendar;
- The incumbent will support the Program and Humanitarian Coordinators in documentation – including M&E, report writing and proposals development
- Regularly review partner reports in consultation with Program Coordinator and give necessary and timely feedback.
- Assist in scheduling appointments for field travels for visitors and supervisors, coordinate with field staff and partners and ensure that key schedules are well organized and coordinated.
- Offer support in collecting data from partner organizations for monitoring and evaluation purposes, and entering such data in respective formats;
- Support program team and other management level staff as may be requested from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in, Project Planning and Management, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences and any other related discipline.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field is an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in working with an INGO in development and humanitarian program related field operation.
- Previous experience in implementing programs in both development and humanitarian context is required.
- Prior experience in proposal writing and logical framework approach
- Past exposure to data collection, monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
- Basic understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards.
- Keen attention to detail;
- Basic knowledge of development cooperation and humanitarian standards;
- Good computer skills and use of database and internet;
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to understand assignments, do productive and accurate work, make sound judgments within the area of responsibility, solve problems in reasonable and logical ways and have a general ability to plan, organize, and carry out routine and recurring assignments on a timely basis with only general supervision.
- Ability to effectively deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities among multiple activities which require quick and effective action under conditions of heavy pressure; anticipate necessary actions or develop appropriate information as may be required; and have no difficulty in adjusting multiple assignments around top priority assignments.
- Ability to travel extensively to remote areas.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize effectively from several supervisors
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- Dedication to building and supporting positive teamwork among co-workers.
- Effective and flexible communications and interpersonal skills, including highly engaged listening.
- Very good English writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the Finn Church Aid (FCA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs by hand delivery to: Finn Church Aid, Uganda, Plot No 2409, Kiwafu Estates Kansanga, Kampala. Please address your application to: The Country Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda program, P.O. Box 21826, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 29th July, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline