Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Commission (EC), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC).
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer is responsible for managing all procurement aspects of the Kotido office. The incumbent will work closely with Operations, Programs, Administration and Finance, the Procurement Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services. The Procurement Officer is responsible to ensure that all procurement and contracts are in compliance with Mercy Corps and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily coordination of Mercy Corps Kotido procurement and administrative activities;
- Ensure that Mercy Corps procurement policies and formats are properly used.
- Actively contribute to the overall program planning and implementation process.
- Assists program and support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager(s) – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Regularly interact with contractors, in coordination with the Programs and Operations departments of Kotido.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions as to MC standards.
- In charge of the preparation of status reports on deliveries for Programs, office Management and recipient of supplies.
- Maintain thorough procurement files as outlined in the MC procurement policy;
- Maintain the filing of both hard copy and soft copy of the ongoing and complete Purchase Requests with all the supporting documents as required by the Mercy Corps Procurement Policy;
- Ensure the timely and well documented delivery of supplies to respective MC Uganda field offices in coordination with the field based logistics officers.
- Interacts with suppliers in the receiving and inspection of goods –Ensure GRNs are issued.
- Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order;
- Carry out compliance checks in relation to Procurement manual and Donor requirement , (WT, segregation of duties, Referencing, AAM, Donor waivers, etc)
- In charge of processing payments for completed procurements ensuring acknowledgement in terms of GRNs, Completion Certificates and waybills
- Support in the PSA processes, and updating PSA database
- Work closely with requestors on in ensuring services and contracts are delivered according to agreed terms and condition
- Draw, check and update Service contract and contract, as well as update the respective databases periodically
- The Procurement officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Operations manager, Deputy Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Administration Officer job vacancy should preferably hold a Degree in Relevant Business Field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Logistics and Procurement Management, NGO experience and asset management is an added advantage
- Microsoft Office computer skills especially in MS Excel and experience with using email.
- Proven ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Excellent oral and written English skills,
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Computer literate and strong organizational and planning skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road. The E-mail applications with cover letter should be sent to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline