Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tracking Code: 7589
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will manage project procurement and ensure compliance with PATH policies, contractual terms, US Federal Acquisition Regulations, Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), and other applicable rules and regulations, support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts and purchase orders, liaise with PATH Procurement Office in headquarters. The role will undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations, drafting requests for consent of the PATH contracting officer, and overseeing vendor selection process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Provide input to project procurement for financial and other reports.
- Maintain procurement files (paper and electronic backup) according to policies and procedures.
- Provide procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation to program staff.
- Coach, mentor, and train program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through sub-contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop tools and forms required for procurements, contracts, and other agreements such as bid analyses and selection and negotiation memos.
- Manage procurement-related tasks in coordination with the Logistics Officer and assigned Administrative Assistants.
- Work closely with PATH Procurement Office to undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations.
- In charge of drafting requests for consent for the PATH contracting officer, and overseeing vendor selection process.
- Manage the project procurement and ensure compliance with PATH policies, contractual terms, US Federal Acquisition Regulations, Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), and other applicable rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Business Administration, BSC in Procurement and Logistics;
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible procurement work experience, with at least two years’ experience in contracts and financial management with USAID – funded projects;
- Previous experience in competitive procurement of goods and services required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Demonstrated Integrity and transparency in Procurement.
- Experience in working with CSO’s especially building their capacity.
- Demonstrated history of procurement Training.
- Expertise in administrative project management and training in international settings.
- Knowledge of applicable USAID procurement, FAR, PEPFAR, contracting, grant rules and regulations, as well as administrative policies and techniques.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
How to Apply:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by visiting the recruitment portal online for the websites by clicking the Link below.