Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Ministry of Water and Environment
Project Name: Farm Income Enhancement and Forestry Conservation (FIEFOC) Programme (Project 2).
Funding Source: African Development Bank (AfDB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda (GoU) has applied for a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB) to finance the Farm Income Enhancement and Forestry Conservation (FIEFOC) Programme (Project 2). The project specific objective is to improve household incomes, food security, and climate resilience through sustainable natural resources management and agricultural enterprise development. The project consists of four components namely: (i) Agriculture Infrastructure Development; (ii) Agribusiness Development; (iii) Integrated Natural Resources Management; and (iv) Project Management.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will oversee the implementation of the Procurement Plan (PP) in conformity with GoU, ADB and NDF procurement guidelines; and in liaison with the Procurement and Disposal Unit (PDU) support the project technical personnel in all procurement-related processes to ensure that all procurement is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the initiation and preparation of the Procurement Plan (PP) for each year in consultation with all stakeholders and to update the PP as appropriate;
- Oversee the implementation of the Procurement Plan and ensuring smooth implementation of each procurement activity according to the Procurement Plan and in accordance with GoU procurement laws and regulations, and ADB/NDF procurement Rules and Procedures;
- Support FIEFOC 2 components in the preparation of EOls, SPNs, bidding documents, RFPs, evaluation reports and contracts; and ensure the monitoring and evaluation of performance indicators and outcomes against the set targets and agreed implementation time schedules in consultation with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
- Maintain smooth coordination of project procurement activities, and be responsible for following up with the relevant components, departments and ministries on the achievement of all project targets;
- Keenly monitor financial commitments and unspent balances against each of the contracts in consultation with the Project Accountant;
- Prepares other documents necessary to process disbursements and or otherwise facilitate payments;
- Ensures that the procurement is in compliance with all legal covenants of the projects (loan or grant agreement) and rules and regulation of ADB/NDF’s Procurement Guidelines;
- Establish Procurement Tracking System and monitor implementation of projects procurement activities including dispatch of procurement documents, short- landings, damaged and necessary arrangements for insurance.
- Develop MWE institutional capacity to effectively implement the PP in particular, throughout the assignment, provide on the job training to the procurement staff in an effort to transfer skills and knowledge;
- Maintain official project records including contract administration records; establish a proper filing system for all relevant procurement documents and prepare regular reports and documents about the status of procurement process.
- Prepare periodic status reports on the procurement of works, goods and services under the project;
- Carry out management tasks as deemed necessary by the National Project Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Commerce, Law or related fields from a recognized university, or Professional qualifications in MCIPS;
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in public procurement with the multilateral agencies like African Development Bank, Nordic Development Fund, World Bank financed projects is required;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, Power Point.
- Experience in use of an integrated Accounting Software will be an added advantage;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with recent CV detailing work experience, present position, current remuneration, professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include contact details (telephone and email) of three (3) referees.
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Water and Environment,
Old Portbell Road, Luzira.
Attn: Head Human Resources Management
Deadline: 5th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline