Job Title: Principal Resource Mobilisation Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Secretary General
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Principal Resource Mobilisation Officer will efficiently and effectively manage the process of resource mobilization for the Community
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee efforts of all sectors for resource mobilization;
- The incumbent will develop strategies and plans for mobilizing national and international financial resources for the programmes of the Community;
- Offer support in preparing project proposals for funding;
- Serve as the focal point for all fund-raising efforts of the organs of the Community;
- Ensure timely financial reports are prepared and submitted to Development Partners and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate exchange of relevant information and harmonizing process of fund-raising efforts of stakeholders;
- Establish a databank of potential funding partners and follow upon submitted proposals with relevant Development Partners;
- Evaluate and prepare consolidated Annual Reports on implementation of projects and programmes using development partners’ funds;
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports on resource utilization against plans of Directorates and Departments;
- Actively promote a positive corporate culture and image of the EAC.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Principal Resource Mobilisation Officer job vacancy must hold a Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or an equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- At least ten years relevant experience with five (5) years of which should be at Senior level with specific emphasis on resource mobilisation and donor funding procedures.
- Skills and Competencies: Analytical skills, negotiation skills, networking skills, management skills, project planning and development skills, tactful, computer skills, research skills, report writing skills, mobilization skills and coordination skills.
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline