Job Title: Principal Information Technology Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Director, Human Resource and Administration
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Principal Information Technology Officer will manage the planning and implementation of an effective and efficient Information Systems Strategy; Develop, maintain and fully manage efficient and cost effective Information Communications Systems of the EAC Secretariat; Coordinate, manage and control Information and Communication Technology (ICT) activities to enable the organization gain competitive advantage and perform its functions more efficiently and effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will define ICT objectives and goals of the organization and provide leadership in development and implementation of information systems strategy, information systems security policies, procedures and standards, disaster recovery, business continuity and other ICT policies
- She/ he will also manage the ICT function, resources and operations in line with corporate strategic direction of the EAC
- Provide strategic direction to management and staff on ICT and ensure that they are keeping abreast of innovations and advancements in business practices and technology.
- Carry out research and set operational guidelines while connecting appropriate use of ICT with business needs and corporate strategy.
- Update the management team on all necessary technological trends and enlisting their support for ICT cross function activities
- Steer and ensure that all ICT objectives and goals are accomplished in accordance with priorities, scheduled duration, budget and other specified resources.
- Plan and prepare annual budget for ICT function, work programme and spending plan.
- Co-ordinate ICT systems training.
- Plan, direct and manage ICT systems projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis and design, development and implementation of new systems.
- Develop cost proposals for contractual services, oversee the technical evaluation of proposals received and manage service contracts;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Principal Information Technology Officer job vacancy must hold a Master of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent degree from a recognized University/Institution.
- At least ten years of relevant experience with five (5) years at Senior level.
- Skills and Competencies: Must have practical knowledge in business re-engineering and strategies, systems analysis and design, information systems security management, ICT contracts and specifications drafting, database design and administration, ICT management/leadership, network administration, ICT projects management, business continuity/disaster recovery management skills.
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline