Job Title: Plant Protection Specialist
Organisation: ASTARC Agriculture
Duty Station: Amuru (Gulu), Uganda
ASTARC Group is a diversified group with businesses focused on Infrastructure, Automobile & Electronic Solutions, Angel fund, Dairy & Agriculture, Retail Display Solutions, Automobile and Ports.
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for formulating preventive and curative treatment measures of plant protection from insect pests as required by the cropping pattern. The Plant Protection Specialist will participate in preparing budgets pertaining to plant protection and shall coordinate with other team members for an integrated plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plant Protection Specialist must hold a post graduate qualification in Entomology or Plant Pathology
- At least ten years’ experience as an entomologist/ pathologist or in the field of plant protection.
- Familiarity with the concept of Integrated Pest Management
- Broad knowledge and experience in using all methods of IPM/IDM.
- The applicant must be well versed in pest and disease management of a variety of crops like cereals, pulses, oilseed, fruits, vegetables, etc.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send detailed CVs, academic documents and cover letters with three professional referees and day time contacts via email to HRM, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line or on envelope. E-mails must not exceed 5 MB.
You may also hand deliver to Plot 77, 1st Street Industrial Area or Opposite Uganda Management Institute.
Deadline: 6th August 2016 by 5 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline