Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Secretary General
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will oversee the development and implementation of systems for planning, monitoring and evaluation of all URCS’ Projects, document, share information and knowledge, in line with URCS’ Planning and M&E guidelines, the NS and branch program strategies and monitoring frameworks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will build the capacity of staff in Participatory Planning Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) in line with the URCS’ Planning Frameworks and M&E frameworks as well as new donor M&E requirements and the URCS Strategy
- Take lead in the development of Key performance Indicators and prepare the final KPI for the national and branch programmes in relation to the URCS Strategy and other project planning and performance indicators
- Coordinate development, implementation and midterm reviews of the URCS’ Strategy Monitoring Framework in line with URCS’ M&E requirements and the URCS Strategy
- Provide technical support and participate in the participatory planning and M&E for Units, Branches and Partners in line with URCS’s planning and M&E compliance requirements
- Offer technical support to the National Society and Branches and PNS’ in monitoring, Reporting and Documentation in relation to key leanings, best practices, implementation, models, governance processes and impact realization
- Actively participate in the consolidation of strategic and periodic plans as well as corporate organization reports in line with planning and reporting processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor in Social Sciences discipline, Development Studies, Statistics, or economist.
- Possession of a Post-graduate qualification in Project Planning and Management and or results based Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in related filed will be added advantage.
- Training in Emergencies and Relief operations/ Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Training in project planning and management.
- Training in participatory approaches and methodologies.
- Monitoring and evaluation training
- At least four years of relevant experience in Planning, M&E or in implementation of humanitarian and development projects from a reputable NGO organization
- Good analytical skills
- Result based M&E
- High level of Integrity
- Gender and power analysis
- Good data analysis and reporting skills
- Public speaking and presentation
- Performance management skills
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Resource mobilization and Contract management
- Networking, alliance building and stakeholder management
- Good negotiation skills
- Project Planning and Management
- Training of Trainers (ToT)
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline