Job Title: Performance Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Performance Evaluation Officer will coordinate the annual staff evaluation exercise across the whole University.
- Develop, monitor and review performance improvement plans for poor or underperforming staff.
- Develop a clear reward and recognition strategy for the different caliber of staff/job families.
- Carry out refresher trainings for supervisors and staff regarding performance evaluation.
- Conduct training needs assessment/analysis curved out of the evaluation exercise in the University by working closely with Deans and Heads of Departments to monitor and address performance gaps identified and also align job descriptions to the strategic plan of the University.
- Develop, review and improve on the evaluation tools used in the University. Continuously develop instruments such as summaries/matrices to facilitate more efficient evaluation.
- Carry out timely performance reviews for all staff on probation.
- In charge of preparing quarterly reports to management regarding salary tier progression as a result of annual evaluation and staff performance.
- Carry out reference checks for candidates being considered for employment in the University.
- The incumbent will periodically conduct job evaluation and job analysis exercises.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Performance Evaluation Officer job placement must hold a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resource specialization) or Industrial Psychology or Organizational Behaviour from a recognized accredited institution of Higher Learning.
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resource specialization) or Industrial Psychology or Organizational Behaviour or related area from a recognized accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ post masters working experience in a busy Human Resource Department or Function.
- Proficient computer skills especially in word processing, use of spreadsheets and PowerPoint and experience in using HRIMS will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in taking minutes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially when dealing with staff and visitors.
- Impeccable level of integrity with an excellent working ethic.
- The applicant must also be a committed and mature practicing Christian
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline