Job Title: Officer Security
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18011
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer Security is accountable for the Bank’s physical and other security operations. The role is aimed at ensuring tight security standards and disciplines are observed and entrenched across the Bank with the objective of influencing sustainable and efficient operations in line with Standard Bank Group security standards and regulatory guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, develops and recommends strategic interventions for security operations with the aim of improving the bank’s security
- Keenly monitors key security trends in the banking sector both locally and internationally and the external environment as a whole, and disseminates the same.
- Researches, develops and implements security interventions to continuously improve the bank’s security
- Aligns relevant security processes and procedures to ensure the achievement of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) signed with the various business units and customers
- Manage security operations including;
- Physical security (business, employees, customers, vendors)
- Electronic security channels
- Cash services
- Risk management
- Operations support management
- Processes and procedures review and updating
Customer Service and Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder Management - Maintain a close working relationship with the Bank’s Branch and Unit Heads management and Suppliers of goods and services so as to ensure that service/ support
- Involvement in security organisation meetings and briefing including the police and relevant security organisations
- Identify risks affecting the security function within overall group security framework.
- Seek compliance based on risk matrix, staff awareness and education, security scoring and controls by ensuring that correct systems and procedures are implemented to reduce this risk.
- Ensure that routine checklists are actioned to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Action risk assurance and audit findings within agreed time frames.
- Drive for improved routine control and audit ratings through team member motivation and coaching.
- Actively participate in BCP programs to ensure adequacy of ergonomics.
Security Asset Management: Ensure asset movement is in line with bank policy by verification and final approval of such movements.
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies
- Capacity management, identifying areas with excess or shortage in capacity and coming up with resourcing plans to address the gaps
Operational Performance – Processes and Procedures:
- Spearhead documentation, standardization, implementation and continuous improvement of country security operations processes and procedures.
- Continuous evaluation of operational security efficiencies and incorporation of best practice
- In charge of the identification and assessment of risks facing security thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimising the operational risks
- Work in liaison with business stakeholders in ensuring that security regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimise the Bank’s exposure
Occupational Safety and Security:
- Ensure all business units are adequately and appropriately secured by means of alarms, guards where necessary, bullet proof glass, access restriction devices, CCTV, etc.
- Check that all security systems are functional and are regularly tested in line with Group Security Standards.
- Support the conducting of investigations for all incidents for reporting to Directorate of Occupational Health.
- Ensure the analysis, due process and implementation of security projects
- Post project analysis and feedback
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer Security job vacancy should hold a University Degree
- Certification or experience from the disciplined forces in criminal investigations / forensics
- A minimum of three to four years’ experience in security operations in a similar organisation
- Business Knowledge and Contribution
- Security Operations
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Banking Knowledge
- Previous experience in security operations, strategy generation and implementation
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 19th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline