Job Title: Officer, Procurement
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18050
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer, Procurement will primarily be responsible for the Bank’s procurement processes including; procurement requests processing, supplier selection, order evaluation, facilitation of approvals by the Tender Committee and services’ evaluation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service & Stakeholder Management:
- Support in the receipt of feedback on the service provision of the external service providers, and management of the feedback to ensure compliance
- Build sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- Implement the Bank’s procurement system, policies and procedures; and initiate reviews where necessary
- Fast tracking user requests/requisitions/requirements, LPOs, procurement orders, in-ward deliveries of inventory/ Supplies/ equipment and prompt updating/feedback to stakeholders on status of procurements.
- Implements early Strategic Sourcing involvement in the project lifecycle to better influence strategy and results through the establishment of a commodity specific Category Advisory boards.
- Implements effective category strategies across the appropriate lines of business and/or the entire enterprise.
- Implements sourcing strategies and market approach, negotiating “best in class” commercial solutions aligned to business drivers or delivering specified components thereof.
- Benchmarks new processes, approaches, and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results
- Regularly review all requisitions to ensure that purchases are made within the various cost centers’ set capital and Operational expenditure budgets.
- Evaluate and where applicable, negotiate offers from pre-qualified suppliers based on the Procurement Policy in a timely manner and at lowest total cost of ownership without compromising quality
- Strict adherence to utilisation of approved supplier database
- Ensure sourcing is in line with organisational and external governance.
- Control and manage procurement related documentation for reference and audit purposes.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer, Procurement career vacancy should hold CIPS or equivalent Procurement professional qualification
- A minimum of three years’ experience in procurement, contract and supply chain environment.
- Strategic procurement and supply knowledge
- Procurement Governance
- Third Party Spend Management
- Procurement Risk Management
- Good negotiation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 22nd July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline