Job Title: Officer Legal Temp
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18001
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer Legal Temp is a temporary role with the aim of supporting the Legal Department to achieve it’s costs rationalisation project through conducting a review of their current litigation costs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will assess current Bank cases under litigation
- Rate/clasify cases based on provided criteria
- Provide legal opinion on suitability of the strategies employed by the external council
- Develop a tracker to ease tracking of pending cases
- Perform ny additional duties as may be delegated or required by the Head, Legal.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer Legal Temp job vacancy should have attained formal legal training and qualifications, such as, LLB or its equivalent from a recognised University
- The applicant must be an Advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
- At least two years of post-qualification experience working in commercial legal practice or the legal/secretarial department of a reputable company in the finance/commercial sector.
- Commercial litigation and other legal banking experience advantageous
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the business principles and processes, including the legal environment in which the business operates.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 15th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline