Job Title: Officer Credit Portfolio Management
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18191
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer Credit Portfolio Management will support the credit portfolio manager in providing strategic business research and analysis for Uganda PBB Credit by keeping abreast of credit risks associated with lending and global industry trends, with the primary objective of assessing and managing risk within acceptable parameters
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will maintain compliance with Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) regulations and procedures across the Bank by;
- In charge of verifying that customer data submitted to the CRB and the Central Bank is accurate, complete, current, in the required format and within set timelines
- Responsible for monitoring resolution of customer complaints as regards the CRB to achieve 72 hours TAT.
- In charge of monitoring CRB system performance and engage the CRB system providers and IT to ensure that the system is available and functional across the Bank and required maintenance or upgrade is done timely
- Representing the Bank at Credit Reference Bureau meetings and ensure compliance with CRB requirements.
- Submitting BOU CRB reports that are accurate, complete, current, in the required format and within set timelines.
- Provides consultative and technical support as appropriate to strategic decision-making committees.
- Providing input to Exco reports, Business Unit Management (BUM) packs and other regular report packs.
- Input into the system design and architecture requirements as they relate to debtors processing, account management and MIS provision
- Establish and agree workable business solutions (including business models and operating frameworks).
- Prepare a basis for executive decision-making by means of running scenarios, completing analysis definitions, agreeing accurate problem descriptions, and presenting accurate analysis results and robust recommendations, including an overview of pros and cons of each scenario/recommendation.
- Participate in and remain abreast of market developments. Stay attuned to industry and market risk developments and trends in relation to counterparty exposures and their impact on the underlying portfolios.
- Responsible for the daily management, escalation and control of portfolio irregularities.
- Maintain data accuracy in PBB Credit and Bank systems.
- Actively participate in projects as delegated from time to time
- Establish accurate business case scenarios
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer Credit Portfolio Management job placement should hold a University degree in Statistics, Economics or any other related field
- At least three years’ experience as a Portfolio Analyst or related data analytical role
- Computer literacy (Microsoft packages)
- Business related degree (minimum requirement)
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s internal processes with regard to non-performing loan recovery process and credit processes.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of macro-economic indicators and financial and risk management
- Broad knowledge of retail and commercial environment will be preferable
- Good general knowledge of Ugandan affairs
- Reflects and understanding of and the ability to apply basic financial concepts in developing management information
- Model development
- Builds relationships that span across business units, and focuses on strategic issues in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Must be comfortable in starting with a “blank sheet of paper”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and responsiveness to business needs
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player and team orientated.
- Excellent planning, organizing and execution skills.
- Ability to apply oneself diligently and work with minimal supervision.
- Potential and willingness to undertake increased responsibilities as demands increase.
- Identify and provide innovative design solutions.
- Good planning and decision making skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 4th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline