Job Title: Records Clerk
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Records Manager
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Records Clerk manages the processes for various documents for storage and retrieval; performs a wide variety of intricate and confidential duties requiring analysis and attention to detail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Records Clerk will adhere and comply with the procedures and Bank policy while receiving, recording, capturing, coding, labeling and filing records/documents, storage, release, retention and disposal of documents.
- The Records Clerk will convert documents to various formats; transfer data between systems.
- Collect/receive, sort, label and capture documents in the Banks’ Document Management Information System (DMIS).
- Provide quality assurance by daily review of DMIS reports to ensure information captured in the system is complete, accurate and of high quality.
- Provide access to records and files to authorized personnel by retrieving and returning, delivering to user departments and re-filing when documents are returned.
- Responsible for the transportation of documents from Registry to Archives for permanent storage, organize and label the files/boxes and maintain inventory of documents at the Archives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Records Clerk job placement should hold a Diploma in Records management, Business Administration, Business Studies or related field of study
- Knowledge of record keeping and file maintenance methods, principles and procedures.
- Ability to order or sort records in numeric or alphanumeric sequence.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize own workload to meet immediate service standards and ensure that longer-term projects are also completed
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 15th July 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 29th July 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.