Job Title: Office Attendant
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Admission & Records
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will be responsible for the general hygiene of the Admissions offices and the recording and timely delivery of official documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the overall cleanliness, tidiness and arrangement of the department offices.
- Responsible for taking documents to different offices within and outside UCU in a timely manner and with the utmost confidentiality.
- Ensure that there is proper record keeping of documents delivered.
- Print photocopy and scan documents as required.
- Ensure that break tea is brought from the dining hall and served within the Department
- Responsible for opening and locking up the Admission & Records Offices at the end of the day to ensure safety and security
- Perform any other official duties as assigned by the Manager Admission & Records.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Office Attendant job placement must hold an Ordinary level Certificate of Education (‘O’ level) or its equivalent from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- Ability to work well with others and under limited supervision.
- Willingness and able to work beyond normal working hours when required.
- Willingness to do cleaning, sanitary work and office errands
- The applicant must be a mature and committed Christian of high integrity.
- Fairly good command of the English Language.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline