Job Title: Logistics Intern
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Assistant
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Logistics Intern will assist the Logistics and procurement team in carrying out logistics and procurement activities in line with the DRC procurement and logistics guidelines and the same time learn from the team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in entering all order requests to the procurement table, updating all sections.
- Offer support in soliciting for quotations from suppliers
- Support the programs in ensuring that all order requests are properly filled with clear specifications
- Assist in ensuring that procurement file is created and maintained in chronological order
- Assist in updating of the asset list in Adjumani and ensuring that asset forms are filled before assets are given out.
- Assist in maintaining file for each motorcycle for fuel tracking and service needs.
- Assist in ensuring Vehicles have logbooks for recording movement and fuel consumption.
- Assist in ensuring vehicles are serviced as per the service needs.
- Assist in raising request for payments for completed procurements
- Assist in providing regular feedback to programs in regards to the status of their order requests
- Carrying out procurement processes effectively and efficiently in conformity to DR guidelines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Logistics Intern job placement should hold an undergraduate degree in procurement and supply management
- Person should be self-driven with high levels of integrity
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline