Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Registration and Operations
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager, Registration and Operations – Field Support will provide technical guidance and logistical support to Senior Registration Officer-Field Support on the management and transmission of registration manual and electronic data to headquarters to ensure smooth running of operations in the districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely delivery and quality of electronic and manual registration data from field offices
- The incumbent plans and promotes public awareness campaigns and information dissemination on civil and citizenship registration in the field
- Receives requests for supply of materials to be used for registration in the field and processes them
- Manages logistical issues and problems pertaining to registration and operations arising from the field
- Ensures that the biometric machines and data processing system are in sound conditions.
- Works in liaison with the Manager, Registration and Operations to ensure that there is harmony between field operations and those at the headquarters
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director Registration and Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager, Registration and Operations – Field Support career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Law or Social Sciences or Business Administration or related field from a recognised institution
- A minimum of seven years of related work experience in a reputable public or private organisation, two (2) of which at a supervisory level
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good IT literacy and computer skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline