Job Title: Manager Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager Public Relations & Corporate Affairs will take overall leadership to the Unit of Public Relations & Corporate Affairs and contribute to the attainment of the Mandate and goal of NIRA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with other directorates to manage the implementation of corporate strategy and quality assurance
- Approves all press releases and publicity before their printing and issue
- Cultivates supportive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure proper dissemination of the services of the organisation that will promote the work and reputation of the NIRA
- Builds and strengthens relationships with key industry media and positively influence the content of news stories relevant to NIRA
- Provides leadership to the department staff supervises and manages their performance and development in line with the organisation’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
- Develops departmental annual work plans and financial budgets and monitors their implementation in line with the Business plan.
- Oversees the research, development and implementation of a Communication strategy, standards and practices that elicit, as well as promote the views of the organisation.
- The incumbent also prepares annual corporate communications plans encompassing corporate campaigns and departmental-based campaigns which need to be published on an ongoing basis.
- Supports organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, quality impact assessment, monitoring and review are in place.
- Offers support to the Authority’s officers and members in the exercise of their various Communications related activities.
- Actively promotes and develops the Authority’s reputation and engagement at National, local, sub regional and regional level, and builds a positive profile for the NIRA nationally and internationally.
- Serves as the central point in NIRA for all advertising in the national and regional press on behalf of all NIRA service center points, excluding recruitment advertising.
- Takes the lead in Emergency Disaster Management communication and delivers robust internal communications during a period of significant change and uncertainty across the organisation.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager Public Relations & Corporate Affairs career vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Communications or Economics or Law or Social Sciences from a recognised institution.
- Possession of a Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Membership of the Public Relations Association
- A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience, three of which must have been at management level preferably in a reputable Public or Private organisation.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline