Job Title: Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Planning and Strategy
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation will be responsible for the coordination of monitoring and evaluation of NIRA operations, programmes and activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a monitoring and evaluation system for NIRA operations and regularly updates it to ensure currency and relevance
- The jobholder ensures that NIRA’s implementation strategies and performance goals are in accordance with national and international standards for monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensures a functional working relations with the Quality Improvement (QI)
- Offers technical support during the development of NIRA’s annual work plan and participates in the planning and budgeting activities especially in regard to M&E activities
- Advises management on the use of information systems for better results
- Ensures that programmes are covered in the annual plan for monitoring and evaluating QI interventions integrated with the broader Foundation M&E plan
- Maintains a database for QI by ensuring the tracking of progress on performance of the QI indicators is maintained.
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Planning and Strategy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in: Statistics or Economics or Development Studies or a related field from a recognised institution
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Planning or Development Studies or a related field would be an added advantage
- Formal certifications/ qualifications in Computer Science/ Information Technology;
- Certificate in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Certificate in Planning/ Strategic Planning such as AICP
- At least seven years of relevant work experience, three of which must have been at managerial level in a reputable Public or Private Organisation.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Good analytical skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline