Job Title: Manager Finance
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager Finance will oversee the implementation of the day-to-day operations in accounts, ensuring that they are in compliance with the International financial reporting standards, National accounting standards and tax and other statutory requirements, and the Authority’s finance policies and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers timely support in the corporate budget preparation process and assists with budgetary control
- Regularly checks payments/receipts to ensure that they are on a correct charge and that all transactions are properly recorded in the cash book.
- Keenly reviews and signs off bank reconciliations and reports to immediate supervisor any unresolved banking issues.
- Manages pre-payments for insurance, suppliers, capital expenditure and review appropriate journals before posting
- Manages debtors’ portfolio through efficient and effective execution of credit control procedures, and the credit portfolio by ensuring that the defined creditors’ terms are respected.
- Ensures proper management of tax and statutory deductions (e.g. PAYE, VAT, NSSF etc) and ensures correct monthly provision for staff gratuity.
- Works closely with procurement department and ensures product costing and pricing is effective
- Manages the pricing and invoicing of third party stock.
- Regularly verifies and signs off payments in line with NIRA finance policies and procedures
- Takes charge of the strong room, manages Cash In-Transit arrangements and Cashiers’ imprests
- Actively participates in the development, implementation and review of operational plan activities for the section
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director, Finance and Administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager Finance vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in commerce or relevant field with a bias in accounting from a recognised institution
- Professional qualifications in any of the following: ACCA, CPA , CIMA
- Membership of ICPAU is a must.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience in a reputable Public or Private organisation, three of which should have been at supervisory level
- Hands-on experience in using computerised financial accounting packages
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline