Job Title: Management Accountant
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
Job Summary: The Management Accountant will be tasked with the preparation and submission of accurate and timely internal reports to management for effective decision making and conduct budgeting while ensuring that budgetary controls are in place and costs are minimized.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure prompt and effective accounting and management of revenue/cash
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Receive and review income analysis reports from UWESO entities
- Keenly review posting of all journal entries and check them to ensure proper transaction allocations in the General Ledger
- Regularly review and/or prepare daily, weekly and monthly cash returns
- Keenly monitor the budget lines to ensure that all activities are in line with annual budgets
- Support heads of departments in preparing and reviewing budgets
- Ensure timely closure of books of accounts in preparation for the audit process
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Manage subordinates and ensure a competent and motivated team
- Make periodic field visits to provide technical assistance to Regional Accountants to ensure that work is done according to set policies and procedures
- Actively participate in the preparation of the annual report
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance and Accounting option), Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or equivalent
- Professional accounting certification like Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least three years’ working experience in similar post in a reputable NGO setting
- Ability to use financial and accounting software applications (Navision is a MUST)
- Good team player.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High degree of personal integrity.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to attend to detail, focus on quality and spot errors or mistakes at an early stage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs with salary history, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: 22nd July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline