Job Title: M&E Officer
Organization: Eastern Private Sector Development Centre and CARD Uganda Consortium (EPSEDEC/CARD Uganda)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Team leader
The Eastern Private Sector Development Centre and CARD Uganda consortium (EPSEDEC/CARD Uganda) is an implementing partner of the IFAD/Government of Uganda funded Vegetable Oil Development Project-Phase 2 (VODP2). This is under a contract for the provision of agricultural extension and business partnerships development services to farmer groups in the oilseed value chain and is currently working with a total 252 farmer groups comprising of 5,200 farmers to increase production and productivity of soya bean, sunflower and sesame in the districts of Bugiri, Bukedea, Busia, Kumi and Pallisa.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer will offer technical support in the oversight development and implementation of systems for planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the project, document and share information and knowledge for informed decision making by the Senior Management Team. He/she will also be responsible for providing information relating to progress on implementation of activities and developing strategies and tools for effective monitoring as reflected by project indicators and targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design simple data collection tools as and when they are needed
- Develop indicators that can be used for progress monitoring
- Support the field officers to regularly collect progress monitoring data on outcome and output indicators
- Support field officers to establish systems of collecting and managing project monitoring data that includes electronic and manual filing systems
- Enhance the effective utilization of project data for purposes such as; trend analysis, ascertaining problem prevalence and for timely reporting
- Oversee outcome measurement processes as well as participate in baseline surveys, operational research and outcome evaluations
- Support each field officer to establish and manage a progress monitoring database that is regularly uploaded.
2. Reporting and Documentation:
- Work in close collaboration with field project officers to document promising practices, success stories and lessons learned
- Support projects to prepare their monthly activity reports in a timely and coherent manner
- Manage and plan support supervision schedule, identifying gaps and deviations for immediate remedial support
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Agriculture Officer job placement should preferably hold a diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation
- A minimum of three years of working experience in a similar assignment.
- Additional qualifications and experience in Agriculture and or Agribusiness will be an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to communicate in the local languages in the hub is required.
- Ability to plan ahead, and yet accommodate unexpected tasks; have excellent skills in reporting and documenting, networking with communities and local leaders, flexible and able to appreciate field logistics constraints.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision is desirable.
- Should be able to ride and operate a motor cycle.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters and updated CVs clearly indicating the position applied for to:
The Team Leader,
EPSEDEC/CARD Uganda Consortium,
P.O Box 360 Mbale,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Physical Address: 3Km Mbale-Kumi Road
Namakweke, Northern Division Mbale Municipality
Deadline: 8th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline