Job Title: Logistics Projects Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Job Summary: The Logistics Projects Officer will be tasked with studying the current setup and initiate several projects to update our supply chain.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formalizing project objectives, in terms of scope, timeframe, specifications and budget
- The incumbent will be studying the technical, economic and HSE viability of each project to ascertain its relevance and benefit
- In charge of kick starting the basic engineering phase, to study the various technical and financial possibilities and recommend the best solution
- Proposing a procurement strategy
- Seeking management sanction to initiate projects
- Tasked with launching projects
- Ensuring coordination between all stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in engineering with focus on mechanical engineering and project management
- Mechanical engineer or general engineer with training in project management or prior experience in project design
- Broad knowledge in project management tools
- Innovation, autonomy, written and verbal communication, reliable, thoroughness, team working
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join on of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, TOTAL, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 31st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline