Job Title: IT Manager
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator HR & Administration
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The IT Manager will provide the Information Technology strategic direction for URCS by ensuring that IT Systems are robust, and functioning in line with the URCS strategy, URCS IT policies as well as best practices in ICT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, review IT policy and enforce compliance to IT systems and Policies
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on the performance of the IT unit Systems, plans and budget
- Deploy/implement new relevant technologies (systems, infrastructure and processes) to ensure business continuity in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended best practices and organizational policies
- Offer support in the process of identification and recommendation of suppliers of IT services and goods (Assets and consumables) as per IT and Finance policies and guidelines
- Work closely with IT solutions providers to plan, design and implement IT business solutions relevant to different offices and departments
- Develop, implement and review the contingency and data disaster recovery plan in accordance with IT policies and procedures
- Plan, implement and review the security and integrity of organizational data and IT systems as per IT policies and guidelines, considering individual and departmental requirements in the organization
- Train and develop staff and partners in the use of ICT technologies according to IT unit plans in line with user and organizational needs and provide technical support and recommend appropriate technology to staff and partners as per user needs
- Supervise, motivate, appraise and build staff the capacity in the Unit in line with the HR Policies and other organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform any other assignment by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer science, computer applications or any related IT field from a recognized institution
- Possession of a post graduate qualification in a related field
- Added advantage, Specialized Training in;
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Networks Environment.
- Troubleshooting of Server Virtualization Systems like VMware and Citrix.
- Configuration of Cisco and D-Link a network Switches, Routers, Firewall and Wireless Access Points.
- Systems Administration of Financial Application like SUN.
- At least seven years’ experience in a large organization with at least 4 years in a managerial position
- Planning & Budgeting experience
- I.T. procurement management
- I.T. policy formulation and implementation
- Disaster recovery(Risk assessment and management)
- Data security and integrity
- People management
- Software and hardware maintenance.
- Strategic and Analytical thinking
- Team Work
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving, judgment and decision making
- Creativity, Self-drive & Resilience
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline