Job Title: IT Manager
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Monitor Publications Limited, A Nations Media Group Company operates Uganda’s most influential media house boosting of the Daily Monitor, Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3 & KFM Radio Stations, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The IT Manager will provide leadership and support in the development and implementation of effective Information Technology (IT) that ensures best practice IT service delivery to the internal customers to maximize the return on investment in IT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an effective MPL IT strategy that supports the corporate strategy, maximizes IT service delivery and fully exploits technology.
- Prepare monthly reports on the achievement of MPL IT strategy and submit to both the MD of MPL and Group IT Director
- As a member of the management team contribute towards the success of MPL and provide requisite IT support for all business systems.
- Co-ordinate IT functions across MPL operations and provide strategic leadership and guidance on IT matters including enforcing best practice in IT standards.
- Prepare and monitor the IT budget
- Lead and manage the IT team in the design, development, implementation, operation and support of an integrated IT infrastructure.
- Manage transition from legacy systems to the state -of-art enterprise resource planning, the Internet and e-business systems environment. Increase business benefits by introducing and developing e-commerce and other internet related capabilities.
- Ensure efficient and effective IT support to end users through effective supervision of the IT team, including training of users to ensure best utilization of available IT facilities
- Management of outsourced IT services
- Implement digitized document management solutions to automate existing manual workflows
- Advice on emerging or new technologies, media convergence and opportunities for MPL
- Responsible for pursuing new business/revenue opportunities for MPL based on IT as key driver and to pursue cost savings using IT.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University Degree in Computer Science or any other related field from an accredited institution as well as a Post graduate qualification in IT and IT recognized certifications, e.g. Microsoft, CISA, CCNA
- Five to seven years' working experience in IT, preferably in an FMCG company with three years at management level.
- Excellent Communication skills Oral and written
- Very strong Interpersonal skills
- High standards of Integrity
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize own workload and manage projects to completion
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
- Ability to make sound judgment & decisions, providing advice and guidance on all IT organizational matters.
How to Apply:
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th August 2016