Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: AH Consulting
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Internal Auditor
AH Consulting is a consultancy company with expertise in specialised fields, analytics, engineering and technology focused on achieving client goals. AH Consulting primary focuses on; Management Consulting, Human Capital Management, Technology Services, Development Consulting, Engineering, Oil and Gas. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a company in the energy sector.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will offer technical support to the internal audit function so as to provide an independent and objective assurance audit process designed to add value and to improve organization’s operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the processes that ensure compliance with organization’s operational and accounting policies in line with the Company strategy and standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA),
- Carry out Compliance Audits across all departments of the organization and report on the findings accordingly
- The incumbent will design internal control compliance check lists for all heads of sections to keep them abreast with the compliance requirements as they execute their day to day activities.
- Support / Handle special Audit assignment requests by the Managing Director into various special financial and operational investigations in line with company policies and procedures.
- Support in the preparation of a work methodology and conduct audit of Concession asset investments in line with the Lease and Assignment agreement.
- Carry out value for money audits and advise management how to efficiently, effectively and economically use the available scarce resources.
- Support the formulation of risk management strategies and policies and all operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified
- Regularly review office financial systems and report on compliance with the Company Financial Policies and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Internal Auditor job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in commerce (BCOM), Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Arts in Economics, BA (ECON), BSc Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Level 2 Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA or other internationally recognized accounting qualifications.
- Possession of Post graduate qualification or Computer Systems Audit Certification would be an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in the Audit practice in a recognized organization
- Previous exposure and experience in the Audit of Energy sector is an added advantage
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to work amidst tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deal with situations of potential conflict and a high level of integrity
- Computer literacy skills with excellent working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, especially Sun System is essential.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV (clearly indicating three professional referees and their contacts), cover letter, and certified copies of academic documents to the address or email below.
AH Consulting Limited,
Plot 10 Saddler Lane, Naguru, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline