Job Title: Information Technology Manager
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Director
Eskom Uganda Limited is a subsidiary company of Eskom Enterprises based in South Africa. Our business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Their mission is to be the “Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.”
Job Summary: The Information Technology Manager will be responsible for the secure, effective and efficient operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software that is used within a wide range of the Eskom operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will develop the Life of plant plan, (LOPP) for the department $o ensure effective and efficient support to business functioning.
- Support the development of strategies for achievement of organizational mission, core values and business objectives.
- Assist the Technical Director in developing the Business strategic plan as well the IT Business continuity plan
- Develop mechanisms for addressing identified stakeholder needs, building a cordial working relationship with them and generate reports as required.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of IT Equipment, data, network access back-up systems as well as ensuring safety for staff.
- Audit IT & electronic data operations to ensure they operate reliably and advise management accordingly
- Act in alignment with user needs and implement strategic solutions
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor the ICT budget
- Manage Staff (Performance, talent, industrial relations, conduct, Development etc.)
- Manage secure network access for remote users as well as scheduling upgrades, security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Keeping up to date with new technologies (Research and install new systems and applications).
- In charge of managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Carry out an integrated risk management for the Business Systems department
- Ensure compliance to EUL Plant safety, High voltage regulations in all operating processes and EUL integrated ISO Standards
- The incumbent will ensure the smooth running of all ICT systems including anti-virus software, print services and email provision etc.
- The IT Manager will ensure compliance to the software licensing laws, statutory requirements as well as industry standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Computer science/information Technology is a must.
- Possession of a Post graduate in computing or IT Qualification is an added advantage.
- Possession of systems & product certifications is mandatory.
- At least five years’ experience working with information system networks, operating systems and software with multi-interfaces
- Three years’ experience in a Managerial position, leading a team of IT professionals
- Previous experience working with ERPs with multiple modules.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and updated CVs including three professional referees to;
The Human Resources Manager,
Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL),
Nalubaale Power Station,
P.O. Box 942, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline