Job Title: Secretary/Receptionist
Organisation: Ministry of Local Government
Funding Source: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Project Name: Project for Restoration of Livelihoods in the Northern Region (PRELNOR)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received a loan and a grant from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) to finance the Project for Restoration of Livelihoods in the Northern Region (PRELNOR), and intends to apply some of the proceeds to recruit staff to implement the project. PRELNOR will cover the districts of Adjumani, Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Lamwo, Kitgum, Nwoya and Pader.
About PRELNOR Project:
The overall goal of the PRELNOR is: Increased income, food security and reduced vulnerability of poor rural households in the project area. This will be through increased sustainable production, productivity and climate resilience of smallholder farmers with increased and profitable access to domestic and export markets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Secretary/Receptionist will be providing secretarial and administrative support to the Project;
- Receiving visitors and attending front office inquiries;
- The incumbent will also be eeceiving incoming mails, record sand route it to the Programme Coordinator for action.
- Receiving incoming calls, respond to telephone inquiries and provide information as first point of contact;
- Typing letters, documents and reports;
- Ensure the functionality of office equipment, telephones, fax and photocopier
- Support the Administrative officer with the Mail and Record Management System: and
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an Honours Degree in Secretarial and Information Management from a recognised University/Institution.
- Hold a certificate in office practice will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Secretarial Duties and front office management in a busy and reputable institution, preferably a donor funded project.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good telephone etiquette;
- Good interpersonal relationship and dynamic team worker;
- Excellent computer knowledge and comfortable with MS office applications;
- Knowledge of Records Management System.
- Ability to ensure a high degree of confidentiality in relation to office information and issues.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letter together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional transcript/ certificates, contact details of at least three referees, one of which must have been a supervisor to the address below:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Worker’s House, 5th Floor, P.O. Box 7037 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 5th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline