Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Reports to: College Secretary, BBUC Kabale
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for Initiating, designing and implementing Human Recourse policies, regulations and practices in the College.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of preparing plans and budgets for the Human Resource Unit.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the payroll and staff control system
- Supervising the updating of staff files and ensure safe custody of human resource records.
- Guiding and counseling staff on career development.
- Offering technical support to departments on the interpretation and implementation of University and College policies & regulations regarding Human Resource.
- In charge of processing submissions for terminal benefits.
- Overseeing and guiding the staff appraisal process.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the College Secretary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Human Resource Officer job placement must hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution of higher learning will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s degree (2:1) in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resource specialization) / Industrial Psychology / Organizational Behaviour or related area from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of three years’ post masters working experience in a busy Human Resource Department or Function.
- Proficient computer skills especially in word processing, use of spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
- Must have experience in taking minutes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially when dealing with staff and visitors.
- Impeccable level of integrity with an excellent working ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be available to work after normal working hours.
- Must be a committed and mature practicing Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline