Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Manager
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is an indigenous communication NGO operating nationally in Uganda by working through print, radio and face to face communication. Its programs and interventions target adolescents as its primary audience, while parents, teachers and caregivers are its secondary audience. STF also addresses Climate change, Environmental protection and Livelihoods development.
Job Summary: The Human Resource & Administration Manager will provide oversight to the human resource and administration functions for Straight Talk Foundation in line with organizational policies and guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will develop and update human resources policies and procedures in line with acceptable labour laws,
- Manage the recruitment processes in line with STF strategic and operational plans
- Oversee the development and implementation of performance management systems
- Develops and implements the staff training and development plans
- Manages the succession planning process within STF
- Manages employee relations, welfare and benefits in accordance with the human resource policy manual
- Manages the operationalization and maintenance of staff records
- Manage the implementation of administration policies and procedures in procurement and disposal of assets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration with a bias in Human Resource Management.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Membership in professional human resource associations is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management.
- Working experience in Donor Funded Institution is desirable
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all staff
- Motivate staff towards the achievement of organization strategy
- Work collaboratively with staff at all levels
- Diagnose organization development issues and prescribe effective solutions
- Ability to plan for and implement human resource programmes
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Identify and translate skills gaps within his Department and for STF as a whole into training opportunities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a cover letter, updated CV with three professional referees and the academic credentials to:
Human Resource & Administration,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue. P.O. Box 22366. Kampala
Or Send Via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline