Job Title: Head - Procurement Unit
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Job Summary: The Head- Procurement Unit will be responsible for the management of timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods, services and works, in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures, and relevant procurement and disposal Laws of Uganda while ensuring optimum value for money for the Company at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will develop procurement schedules and work plans for the procurement of Company’s goods, services and works and periodically review and evaluate them against the set objectives.
- Coordinate with the user departments the preparation of specifications, standards and terms of references for the goods, services and works.
- Develop, recommend and review procurement strategy, criteria and detailed procedures that are consistent with the Company policy, requirements and good commercial, legal and ethical practice.
- Oversee the preparation and issue of solicitation documents and coordinate contract preparations and negotiations.
- Coordinate the evaluation of proposals, quotations, bids and recommend selections to the Tender/ Contracts Committee
- Establish and supervise the maintenance of the suppliers’ and prices database and maintain records on the procurement and disposal process.
- The incumbent will survey markets for latest trends in price, availability and quality; identify, evaluate and exploit any potential for corporate savings or efficiencies in the procurement process.
- Develop and implement a transparent supplier’s selection process, and evaluate supplier performance against procurement contracts.
- Provide the Company’s Management, whenever necessary, with relevant specialist, expert and technical advice (on the basis of appropriate and comprehensive analysis and evaluation), with regard to the Company’s investment opportunities and projects – especially those involving Partnerships, External Contractors and other Service Providers – as well provide the necessary supervision, quality assurance, facilitation and coordination of the implementation of the corresponding projects – with a view to ensuring their profitable success.
- Develop staff under his/her supervision through, inter alia, training, coaching, delegation, appraisal and feedback.
- Responsible for the management of Joint Venture structuring including defining requirements, negotiating monitoring and evaluating contractors
- Perform any other duties as may, be assigned by the CEO from time to time,.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a closely related and relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, obtained from an internationally recognized institution, is a must.
- Additional qualifications in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Architecture, from recognized institutions, shall be an added advantage.
- At least seven years’ experience; four of which must be as Head of Procurement, or in a similar Management position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
- Previous experience in working with regional and international development agencies, as well as with other regional and international public, or private sector organizations involved in housing- related projects, or programs, shall also be an added advantage.
- Proven knowledge of Public Procurement & Disposal Laws and Regulations of Uganda are essential.
- Proven managerial, negotiation and communication skills.
- Results-oriented, flexible and has customer care skills.
- Proven presentation and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal and human relations skills, as well as a team-player.
- Proven analytical, accuracy and judgmental skills.
- Good coordination and networking skills.
- Strong IT and computer proficiency skills.
- Maturity, high ethics and integrity.
- A confident, independent, articulate and reliable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications clearly marked “Application for the position of Head-Procurement and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials & three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 659,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline