Job Title: Head of Security - AVP
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Physical Security, Barclays Africa
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head of Security - AVP will be tasked with the management of security operations, governance and risk management across Barclays Bank Uganda, and will ensure that security solutions are proportionate to business objectives and meet business risk appetite. The incumbent will act as the country security operations and governance lead with direct responsibility for maintaining mandatory security standards and operating procedures to deliver effective security risk management to protect Barclays’ people, premises, moveable assets and reputation. He / she will also support the BA Head of Security in the delivery and implementation of the BA Security Strategy at country-level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the Risk Profile Of Barclays’ Premises – 20%
- Ensure that all Security Risk Assessments (SRAs) are completed in a timely and proficient manner for premises, hotels, residences and events.
- Track, follow-up and close outstanding recommendations as per SRA remedial action data.
- Manage the maintenance schedule for the security systems across the premises network, ensuring that the equipment has continuous functionality and resolve issues within the shortest period possible.
Consequence Management of Serious and/or Violent Crime Incidents Or Disturbances Affecting Barclays’ People And Premises: 20%
- Ensure that all security incidents are accurately reported, investigated, tracked and documented to identify and address all security risks and /or failures.
- Identify and source national and regional crime statistics and ensure these are reported where the statistic is an attack on a competitor.
- Take lead in the planning and execution of deliberate security operations across Barclays Uganda, including, for example, pre-election security contingency planning, high profile events and visits of High Risk Personnel.
- Manage all immediate action response to rapid escalation security operations.
- Work with the BA Head of Security and AS Training Manger to design and execute training exercises for selected employees particularly for contingency and evacuation plans.
- Produce travel advisories and the coordination and management of travel restrictions.
Embedding Risk Awareness Culture – 20%
- Ensure that the Bank’s policies and procedures are in place and embedded across all operation functions.
- Challenge team managers on remediation findings by Remediation team and audit to ensure timely closure.
- Ensure that the country has an effective and running Business Continuity Management plan for the functions and agree resolution of any escalated issues with functional heads.
- Authorise risk events on the OpVantage system and advise remedial action to avoid recurrence. Ensure appropriate disciplinary action is taken where appropriate.
- Own audit findings raised by either internal or external auditors/assurance and ensure timely resolution.
Improve operational efficiency and Customer Services – 20%
- Embed a high performing service culture and Identify processing/productivity inefficiency and influence the other functional Heads to adopt.
- Share best practice with the business and act as an expert point of referral for operational issues.
- Challenge current processes and procedure by benchmarking against industry performance to ensure that they are fully optimized.
- Undertake customer visits and act as a central point of escalation for all issues affecting service within the business.
- Ensure that all projects and initiatives falling within Operations are implemented as per project plan and benefits realised.
Manage Governance and Conformance and Key Risk Reporting Responsibilities In Country – 20%
- Develop and execute an internal annual conformance testing plan to aid the embedment of AS policies and procedures across the business.
- Analyse the data output of all internal risk and conformance, and audit, assessments of security related issues and develop remediation plans to close gaps.
- Ensure that country Management Information is completed proficiently, endorsed by line management and business, includes action trackers for security projects and/or remediation plans, and is submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain a security risk register where the business has chosen not to implement recommended actions or standards on the basis of a risk assessment, and has chosen to retain the risk with the agreement of relevant stakeholders.
Strategic Relationship Management for Security Function In The Business – 15%
- Attend monthly or quarterly Regional / Country banking association risk management forums.
- Establish and maintain relationships with law enforcement and intelligence establishments in country.
- Manage relationships with third party security and maintenance service providers, including Strategic outsourced services e.g. cash centres, and conduct quarterly reviews of SLAs to ensure all KPIs are delivered within tolerance levels and address performance issues.
Manage Service Delivery Excellence To Business And Key Security Stakeholders – 15%
- Develop a Security Risk Management Committee meeting within the business to conduct periodic in depth reviews of all security incidents, service provision, SRAs, governance, conformance and risk reporting, equipment maintenance, the risk register and significant projects.
- Act as the security lead for the management of cross functional liaison and training including the development and use of formal engagement models and SLAs. This should include but not be limited to the following internal stakeholders; Crisis Leadership, Premises, Corporate Affairs, Mergers & Acquisitions, IT and Sourcing.
- Support all budget management objectives set by the business and to identify cost saving initiatives.
Manage the country security team and the business’ colleague initiatives – 10%
- Ensure that all subordinates in the country security team have appropriate Personal Development Plans in place to meet the Africa Security strategy, and local business objectives, and that these are signed off by the line management.
- Manage all facets of the XXXXX Security Teams personal and business development objectives, and complete all career reporting responsibilities in a timely, professional manner
- Ensure the security team complete all online and AS training requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Head of Security career opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in social science or any other associated discipline from a recognized university
- Additional training in Security services provision and investigations is a must.
- At least seven years’ experience in comprehensive professional in Security Services management.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive professional experience, it is essential that the incumbent has a physical security orientated background, with extensive knowledge of the banking or cash management environment.
- Proven track record in the delivery of physical security operational planning, training and security services vendor engagement.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing to subordinate entities and to senior executives.
- Must have strong leadership and management skills especially in the areas of organisation, time management, innovation, motivation, cost effectiveness and diplomacy.
- Must be prepared to undertake travel in support of business needs.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Ugandan penal code is added advantage
- Excellent in people’s management
- Discipline and Grievance
- Leading and Rewarding Performance
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline