Job Title: Head of Business Banking
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Retail Director
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head of Business Banking will directly lead a relationship team(s) covering a portfolio of Middle Market and Smaller Corporates (i.e. Business Banking). The incumbent will be a key member of the RBB Leadership Team, driving business performance in the country. The jobholder will be responsible for performance management and coaching of members of the Business Banking team. The incumbent will also personally relationship manage a reduced portfolio of larger Business Banking customers. The primary objective is to maximise sustainable risk-adjusted portfolio contribution on both an individual portfolio and aggregate team basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales & Marketing: 30%
- Grow the team’s portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Formulate business development strategies and objectives to meet changing market needs.
- Monitor conformance of team using new relationship development procedures.
- Monitor results of customer surveys against target service quality standards.
- Regularly monitor levels of complaints and quality of handling.
- Proactively research competitive threats/opportunities within the team's market and geographical area.
- Communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
2. Business Risk Partnership: 30%
- Manage performance of the team against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
- Champion, manage and monitor implementation of change impacting the team and arising from central and local Corporate change programmes.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Develop Customer Relationship Plans for selected customers in portfolio.
- Work closely with the RBB Director in driving and delivering business performance in the country
3. People Management: 40%
- Lead the RBB Managers using a team based management approach.
- Help team members to identify strengths and weaknesses in their own skills and attributes, review their self-development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated.
- Coach team members on relationship development, service quality and risk.
- Assess managers' performance against contract. Review and input to Performance Development Reviews.
4. Rigour and Risk Requirements:
- Carry out risk analysis on the portfolio of customers including financial statements and their current product set held with Barclays Bank.
- Submit proposals to Business Banking Risk for new loan applications including motivating interest rates based on the risk profile at the time.
- Check and signoff each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and bank account mandate changeYour Direct reports are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Follow the RBB end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorised and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to management in Operations.
- Comply with general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Head of Business Banking career placement should preferably hold a finance-related degree
- A minimum of eight to ten years’ experience as Senior manager’s role in a large financial institution
- In-depth knowledge of the full Barclays Retail product set, including international banking.
- Understanding of Barclays Retail strategy, operating structure and interface with other functions
- Good understanding of Risk and Credit policies and procedures
- Detailed working knowledge of KYC and AML requirements and processes
- An understanding of people policies and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- Proven networking and social skills
- Coaching and training skills
- Business Management/Financial Management
- Proven sales ability
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- Time management skills
- Strong planning & organization skills
- Good PC skills
- Good numeric & analytical skills
- Proven team working skills
- Fraud prevention skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Relationship Skills
- Credit Risk Skills
- Leadership and Team skills
- Communications skills
- A detailed knowledge of the Core set of products
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- A broad understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- A detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline