Job Title: Head of Base - Northern Uganda
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Head of Base - Northern Uganda will manage all aspects of logistics, Finance and Human Resource as well as provide support to Programmes in Northern Uganda. The incumbent will also be responsible for security of ACF staff, equipment and compounds in ACF bases through constant monitoring of the security and humanitarian context of Northern Uganda and enforcement of security protocols. The Head of Base will oversee the logistics and administration departments and staff in Adjumani & Kiryandongo base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely purchase of goods and services for all programs department
- Ensure the respect of all procurement procedures through a transparent process, regularly visiting suppliers whenever necessary to ascertain prices on the local market
- Actively promote efficiency and cost effectiveness in procurement by planning purchases ahead (promote procurement plans, enforce monthly orders of materials…) and by making regular orders to the capital
- Maintain the fleet in good mechanical conditions through the respect of the maintenance plans and other ACF fleet policies in place.
- Ensure that all the equipment in Adjumani and Kiryandongo is properly maintained and tracked as per the ACF Uganda equipment policy and general kit log rules, by carrying out regular inventories on the base and checking the relevant documentation
- Prepare the cash forecast for the base respecting deadline.
- Follow closely the accountancy with the base admin
- Ensure that accountancy is entered daily in accounting system SAGA.
- Weekly cash and advances controls to be sent to the Financial Coordinator (FIN-CO).
- Weekly random check of invoices.
- Sending of the accountancy to FIN-CO respecting deadline.
- Ensure that mission HR procedures and staff regulations are implemented on the base, especially on: Recruitment, Administrative action (process to follow carefully), Termination of contracts and Payments of per-diems.
- Ensure that the monthly salary database and leave document prepared by the base admin are correct and sent on a timely manner to Capital.
- Ensure that all newly recruited ACF national staff is briefed correctly on his Job Description and the code of conduct of ACF
- Ensure the safety and security of ACF staff, equipment and base in Gulu Base and Northern Uganda sub-bases.
- Brief all new ACF expatriates on ACF safety and security procedures on the base. Follow up security situation at the field level, and take decisions accordingly (especially movements) in collaboration with the CD and LOG-CO.
- Actively participate to the update the regional security plan as necessary, in collaboration with LOG-CO and CD.
- Represent ACF externally in all meetings with government and other stakeholders in Gulu and at regional level (when required)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Against Hunger (ACF) Head of Base job placement should hold a Bachelors’ degree in Logistics or Finance or Human Resource. Possession of a Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in logistic, Finance and HR procedures
- Skilled in logistic evaluation and recommendation
- Skilled and experienced in capacity building
- IT (network)/ communication equipment knowledge
- Respectable personality, good communicator, leadership
- Ability to develop relationships with other actors.
- Significant experience in logistics of NGO, experience in African context.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent reporting skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the local language (Northern Uganda) is an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Head of Base (Northern Uganda)” in the subject line.
Deadline: 7th July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline