Job Title: Grants Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
WEI/Bantwana Initiative is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
Job Summary: The Grants Officer will have the responsibility and accountability for the grants management function within the Finance and Grants Section of WEI/Bantwana Uganda Country Office. The incumbent will provide oversight and support for the preparation of reports and documentation required under various grants, develops materials to facilitate Grants compliance; reviews fiscal and performance activities to ensure compliance with statutory, grant and contract requirements. The jobholder will be responsible for preparing and processing payment requests to disburse funds including maintaining Grants financial records
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounts of the partners (Sub-grants) by keeping an updated files on the disbursements and the expenditures incurred and qualified by WEI at any given time and reviewing and filing the qualified expenditures from the partners.
- Support the grant close out and modifications procedures.
- Regularly review financial reports and records submitted by sub-grantees for allowability, reasonability and allocabHrty of all costs, while ensuring accuracy, completeness and proper coding of transactions before submission to Finance for liquidation into QuickBooks.
- Provide regular field-based support to sub-grantees to track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work is performed in grants management; conducting performance plans and reviews; implementing and assuring adherence to Project policies, guidelines and values;
- Work with and support Sub grantees finance and programmatic personnel during work planning budgeting process.
- Support sub grantees to identify, quantify, document and report on their cost share obligations in a timely manner.
- Analyze financial data on sub-granting; report on performance trends and compliance with the budgets and agreements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a first degree in Finance or related field; a professional accounting qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working on large project and experience with US government funded programs/projects necessary, particularly experience with USAID/USDOL grants
- Previous experience with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
- Possess 3 high standard of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and in a culturally sensitive environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Hiring Manager at email@example.com
Deadline: 15th July, 2016 by 1:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline