Job Title: Grants Management Associate
Organisation: Development Links Consult (DLC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Consulting Services Manager
Development Links Consult (DLC) is a development management consultancy firm duly incorporated in Uganda as a Limited Liability Company.
Job Summary: The Grants Management Associate will support the business development component of DLC so as to grow and sustain the firm’s grants management portfolio. The incumbent will offer support in the consulting services function of DLC to ensure that the firm’s consultancy assignments in grants management are executed efficiently and meet the required consulting quality standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and build links with potential local, regional and international clients to mobilize contracts in the area of grants management.
- Track adverts for consultancy and grant proposals in the area of grants management and assess DLC’s administrative compliance and the technical and financial feasibility of the calls for proposals.
- Interpret donor cooperation agreements to implementing client organisations
- Actively contribute to the preparation of consulting and grant proposals based on the client’s and DLC’s requirements and specifications.
- Support implementing client organisations to comply with their internal and donor financial and programme management policies and procedures.
- Support client organisations to identify and address their capacity needs in programme management, organisational development, internal control, budget monitoring, and financial management systems.
- Develop and manage standardized templates (such as Grants Management Manual, Grant Applicant Assessment Guide, etc.) to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the grants management portfolio of the firm.
- Manage inputs and deliverables from other DLC consulting team members to ensure the timely and quality delivery of consultancy assignments in grants management
- Coordinate and liaise with the primary client(s) and secondary clients to ensure that their needs are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure DLC’s compliance with the terms and conditions of the consultancy or grant contracts of the primary clients
- Regularly track and charge for consultancy deliverables, where applicable.
- Prepare progress reports to the primary clients for consultancy and grant projects
- Actively contribute ideas and materials to enhance the visibility of DLC as a grants management agency
- Attend internal work management meetings, and contribute to the preparation of meeting reports, when required.
- Undertake any other official tasks that contribute to the efficient operation and performance of the grants management portfolio and the firm in totality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s Degree in Social development, accounting, business or financial management discipline. A Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields with exceptional work experience of at least five years and demonstrable competence may be considered.
- A minimum of five years’ continuous experience in grants management, partnership mediation or coordination of a multi-client capacity building programme.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of NGO philosophy, structures, methods of work and regulatory environment.
- Familiarity with the funding regulations of various donors, including the ability to interpret complex grant requirements and funding agreements.
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills.
- Previous experience in undertaking consultancy or providing technical support in at least one of the fields of social research, project design and evaluations or organisational development is an added advantage.
- Ability to plan (design workflows), manage time and other team members; communicate clearly orally and in writing; and to analyse and utilise data and information.
- A self-starter with good persuasion, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send in the filled form, Download Here via e-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th August 2016