Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The General Manager IT Service Delivery & Enterprise will maintain and manage all system and application operations for information Systems Group (IS) and ensure that adequate capacity, system availability and excellent user support is provided for multiple MTN Operations within a Shared Services environment. The incumbent will also be responsible for applications maintained in the respective MTN Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the strategy for the service delivery and enterprise applications division in line with global best practice in order to ensure that the organization is viable both internally and externally and as a social and financial entity.
- Provide leadership and management with the visibility; control and decision support required to understand and manage the service delivery and enterprise application function; as well as provide the team with the expertise to build their capabilities in order to drive effectiveness and efficiencies within the team.
- Prepare the annual service delivery and enterprise application work plan and ensure the effective execution thereof in order to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- The incumbent will establish alignment with MTN OPCO objectives in order to effectively drive the overall business and group objectives.
- Establish and monitor performance benchmarks for service delivery and enterprise applications in order to ensure ongoing effectiveness of the division.
- Prepare; monitor and control the annual departmental budget to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan.
- Manage and maintain service levels for assigned areas.
- Manage the general health of the live service required to meet business requirements.
- Ensure capacity planning data provision for service.
- Manage the implementation of and adherence to security standards (set by architecture and planning).
- Oversee and manage the maintenance of applications availability; reliability; maintainability; serviceability and continuity requirements against the cost justified service and operating level agreements for the service.
- Optimise the service where required.
- Benchmark the performance of the various services rendered.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure satisfaction with IT service delivery and managing new initiatives.
- Leading the IT team in daily operational activities and achieving departmental and individual goals.
- Actively supporting supplier and vendor management.
- Performing full risk management and mitigation activities on all IT projects and operational systems.
- In charge of reviewing technology effectiveness in the business.
- Implementing information security policies and procedures to minimize risk to data.
- Creating and maintaining best practice system management policies and procedures to keep all systems in the best health possible.
- Implementing reliable update policies to ensure proper up keep of system updates.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a Computing/Information Systems Degree or its equivalent. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Management is desirable.
- At least five to eight years’ experience which includes at least 3 years of relevant technical IT experience in Telecom and applications support and technology delivery must as well have experience at a managerial level.
- Four years of IT maintenance experience and managing a competitive multivendor environment is desirable.
- In addition the candidate must have good business continuity skills, Business risk management, must have trained in COBIT, GSM, IS Security, ITIL, PMBOK/Prince II.
- Solid experience and exposure in applications support and maintenance is desirable.
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Be Assertive
- Keen attention to detail
- Must be Customer focused
- Must be good at decision making
- Good influencing skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, salary history and benefit package, copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to the Human Resources Manager IT Shared Services, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda or hand deliver to at MTN Plot 77, Yusuf Lule Road Reception Desk.
Deadline: 29th July, 2016 by 5:00pm