Job Title: Fundraising and PR Officer
Organisation: Mifumi Health Services
Funding Source: Comic Relief
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The MIFUMI Project is an international aid agency founded in 1989. Their mission is to reduce the burden of poverty by securing basic rights for people living in remote communities in Uganda (The MIFUMI Project, 2013). Mifumi Health Center (MHC), the only health center in Mifumi village, was set up by The MIFUMI Project and opened in 2001. The unit provides maternity services, including antenatal, delivery and postnatal care; primary health care and laboratory services, as well as health information and community outreach services. To date, MHC has attended to over 85,000 patients, mostly residents of Mifumi village. MHC is Mifumi Health Services (MHS) an autonomous division of MIFUMI.
About Comic Relief Project:
MIFUMI recently acquired a grant from Comic Relief to help secure healthier lives for the women and children of MHC catchment area through improved access to and quality of health services at MHC.
Job Summary: The Fundraising and PR Officer will play a focal role in the development and implementation of MHS’ fundraising effort to secure funding for programme work and organizational core costs in line with MHS’ sustainability strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Browse (newspapers, online funding databases, networks) to identify funding opportunities.
- Work in liaison with management, critically analyze funding opportunities to make a go / no-go decision
- Diversify the funding base to include a wide variety of donors, including Trusts and Foundations
- Identify and implement appropriate approaches to strengthen MHS’ network with the development community to graduate to funding by invitation
- Develop professional and timely funding proposals tailored to donor expectations
Reporting and Compliance
- Ensure that all donor reports are of good quality and are filed in time.
- Keenly scrutinize all approved grants for any conditions of the grant and guide the MHS team to ensure compliance to such conditions.
Communication and Visibility:
- Significantly contribute to the production of the Annual Review and Newsletter, including writing, liaising with printers and designers, distribution to country offices and donors.
- Ensure the website fundraising and communications information is up to date.
- Collate case studies, photographs and information from the field.
- Promote MHS in the social network space as shall be suggested and agreed upon by Management.
- Advertise and recruit volunteers as required to support the functions of the fundraising team.
- Carry out volunteer inductions.
- Manage and supervise volunteers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Fundraising and PR Officer vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or Development Studies (or equivalent)
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in grants making is an added advantage
- Show passion for exploration and research, with ability to tackle new territories to discover opportunities
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce concise and creative bids.
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and the Internet)
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize own workload with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with potential donors.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their E-mail applications including a cover letter, updated CV / resume and full academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline